Bleach Unforgiven Sins

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the BYOND game, Bleach Unforgiven Sins

This forum has been made by Kenny (Cricri). All rights reserved. ,,l,,_(-_-)_,,l,,

Kinsler, Rangers 'steal' Game 2 from Cardinals to even World Series

qiheitiann
    Level 0 User
    Level 0 User

Kinsler, Rangers 'steal' Game 2 from Cardinals to even World Series Empty Kinsler, Rangers 'steal' Game 2 from Cardinals to even World Series

Post  qiheitiann Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:02 am

It's premature to call it one of the most famous stolen bases in World Series history, but it promises to be forever cherished in Texas Rangers' folklore.
    Kinsler, Rangers 'steal' Game 2 from Cardinals to even World Series Kinsler-Rangers-steal-Game-2-GOGFCRQ-x
    The Rangers, behind Ian Kinsler's daring ninth-inning stolen base, staged a dramatic wholesale jerseys from china. comeback to stun the St. Louis Cardinals, 2-1, at Busch Stadium. The Rangers' victory evened the World Series at 1-game apiece, with the series resuming Saturday in Texas.
    "It wasn't a series-saving rally, but it was huge,'' Kinsler said. "It was a big win for us.''

Certainly, it resurrected memories of Dave Robert's famous stolen base in the 2004 cheap nhl jerseys American League Championship Series, which helped vault the Boston Red Sox to the 2004 World Series title.
    "I guess you've got to say,'' Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said, "it was the biggest stolen base in our history. That was huge.''
    The Rangers' offense, completely shut down for eight innings, came to nba jerseys cheap life in the ninth off Cardinals' closer Jason Motte. Kinsler led off with a single that dropped just beyond the outstretched glove of shortstop Rafael Furcal into left field, just their fourth hit of the game.
    "I made a good pitch to Kinsler, it was just a good piece of hitting,'' Motte said. "He just got enough of it to get it out of the reach of Furcal. It stinks.''
    Shortstop Elvis Andrus, who made two sensational defensive plays, was instructed to bunt. He squared around, saw Kinsler get a great jump on a 1-and-1 pitch, and pulled his bat back.
    "As soon as I saw him get that jump, I couldn't bunt,'' Andrus said. NFL Jerseys Cheap"What I didn't expect was (Yadier) Molina to make a perfect throw. But that's the way we play. We're aggressive. We're not going to be afraid."
    Kinsler's left hand just hit the bag ahead of Molina's throw, with shortstop Rafael Furcal slapping his hand a split-second late.
    "My hand just barely got in there,'' Kinsler said. "It took everything I had. Yadier made an unbelievable throw, quick, on the money, and I was just able to get my hand in there.''
    Said Furcal: "I tried to do my best. He hit it perfect.''
    Andrus followed with a single to shallow center, the first time in the cheap nfl jerseys series that the Rangers produced two hits in the same inning. Kinsler stopped at third, and Andrus took second base on the throw home that eluded Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols for an error.
    It also knocked Motte out of the game.
    "Everything can change,''' Andrus said, "in one pitch.''
    Indeed, Josh Hamilton, bothered by a strained groin and hitless in the series, tied the game with a sacrifice fly off left-handed reliever Arthur Rhodes that also moved Andrus moved to third.
    Young followed with another fly ball off Lance Lynn for a 2-1 lead, marking the first time in Series history that the game-tying and go-ahead runs were scored on sacrifice flies.
    "To steal a game like that, in their stadium,'' Rangers center fielder Craig Gentry said, "was huge.''
    It was the first time a team entered its final at-bat to win a World Series game since the Arizona Diamondbacks scored two runs in the ninth in Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.
    "That's just our attitude,'' Hamilton said. "Up and down our lineup, our guys want to win ballgames. It doesn't matter if we're down five runs or we're up by five runs. We have the attitude of until the last pitch is thrown, the last out is made, we're going to keep fighting.
    The Rangers still have to solve their offensive woes, scoring two or fewer runs in five of their seven World Series games. Yet, considering they scored in just two innings the first two games, they'll gladly take a split.
    "I think,'' said Rangers pitcher Colby Lewis, who yielded one run in 6 2/3 innings, "momentum definitely shifted our way.''

http://hogvartsiux.forumpro.fr/t1181-kinsler-rangers-steal-game-2-from-cardinals-to-even-world-series